The Mario Pattern is on the Way
Posted on January 7, 2010 by
Thanks for all the comments!
Over 100 comments were posted in response to the original post in just five days, so I’m keeping my end of the deal by making a pattern. I’ll try to post it within a week or so. Sign up for the newsletter in the sidebar, and I’ll let you know right away when the pattern is available.
What You’ll Need
In the meantime, this is all the stuff you’ll need to make the sweater. Hurry up and get everything so you’ll be ready when the pattern is!
- 4 × KnitPicks Palette in Pool (sky blue)
- 2 × KnitPicks Palette in Masala (brick brown)
- 2 × KnitPicks Palette in Cream (cloud white)
- 1 × KnitPicks Palette in Black (detail black)
- 1 × KnitPicks Palette in Grass (bush green)
- 1 × KnitPicks Palette in Serrano (Mario red)
- 1 × KnitPicks Palette in Orange (Question Block orange)
- 1 × KnitPicks Palette in Bison (Mario brown)
- 1 × KnitPicks Palette in Blossom Heather (brick highlight pink)
- 1 × Jacquard Acid Dye in Kelly Green, or try Lime Kool-Aid (pipe green)
- 6 × yarn bobbins
- Size #1–#3 straight needles (whatever gets you the right gauge)
- 2 × stitch holders
- 24″ circular needle, in same size as straight needles used, or one size smaller
(if tighter ribbing is desired)
- tapestry needle
- medium-small crochet hook (you’ll be doing lots of weaving in!)
I’m starting the pattern right away, so stay tuned!